I am a Research Scientist
at the Department of Computer Science, UT-Austin.
In June 2018, I started working on two projects in DARPA
’s Lifelong Learning Machines (L2M)
- Context-dependent reconfiguration of an intelligent neural system,
- STELLAR (Super Turing Evolving Lifelong Learning ARchitecture).
I am a mechanical engineer by training (B.Sc. in System Dynamics and Control, M.Sc. in Solid Mechanics and Ph.D. in Manufacturing Engineering), but optimization and its applications in various disciplines have always been in the center of my research interests
- Evolutionary computation for
- single, multi and many-objective & constrained optimization problems,
- training Neural Networks,
- Surrogate-based efficient blackbox optimization for compute-heavy problems,
- 3D Printing,
- Deep learning for sequence modeling and generative design,
- Multi-physics computer simulations of manufacturing processes.