NERO 2.0 New Features
In addition to Training and Destruction Battle, the major new feature of NERO 2.0 is the new Territory Control mode. This battle mode allows the players to select the robots they need from a platoon of previously trained behaviors to gain and hold control over NERO factories. Your army can now consist of specialist units that you can call upon when the game requires their skills.
Graphical User Interface
- Slimmer training interface - we made the training interface smaller to allow you to see more of the field.
- Radial context menu: all training actions are accessible from the radial context menu, available by right-clicking on the terrain, on units and on walls. This menu uses intuitive icons to allow you to quickly select the desired action.
- No more "apply" button - you no longer need to hit "apply" every time you change the fitness. Changes take effect automatically and immediately.
- Click on "Graphs" at the top of the training screen to see champion fitness history in the different fitness categories. Cycle through these graphs by using the arrow buttons below.
- Check out the neural network used by your champion robot by selecting the Network Graph in the "Graphs" window. Once the champion is known, this graph will show you the weights and the topology of the "brain" responsible for its behavior.
- Easily see what your population champion is doing by hitting "space" to select the "Champion View". This puts the world "CHAMP" above the robot with the highest current evolutionary score and can give you a quick idea of the kind of behavior your population is learning.
- Expanded tutorials - thanks to Cheng-Han and Nathaniel for updating our tutorials and making them more in-depth.
- New turret models - thanks to John Morris for designing our cool new turrets.